Tuesday 11 December 2012

Speak the text out loud

Hello all.

Last time I posted about tweets that speak. This time around my post will be about something related to text to speech processing technology as well, but in different context.  

Here you go; 


Announcify is an app that allows you to convert text to speech. It is available for Chrome as an extension and Android as an application. And yes, it's free, people. 

If Announcify is installed in Chrome, you just click the icon and it will speak the content of the website that you select. This is beneficial for us as future teachers as well as this app can help students that might need some support in reading materials online. 

If you have it installed in your phone, it can actually read text messages for you or any other documents that you've selected to be read.

So it makes your job simpler.. no more lengthy reads! Have it downloaded to your Chrome or phone now :)

Have a good day! 

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is a must-download application
    It would be great if it can type what we say
    typing text is just boring XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This application really good as it helps students in enhancing the understanding of English language especially in pronunciation. In addition, we can download it to the phone and use it anywhere and anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its kinda like siri on Apple, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes! Hahah i was about to say the same thing but I chose not to put it up there.

      Delete
  4. actually I want to ask the same question as Alya's..is there any application where It can type message by the command of your voice because I'm too lazy to reply to text message..I only have one application in my BB's where I can make call using my voice to the contact in my phone but still..it's not that great and it always trouble me and takes more time..haha :D but, this application is cool, the phone is reading your text for you..^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for this time being, only iPhone 4S' Siri can do that...I'm not sure though.... :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this app is kinda awesome coz it can be downloaded to our phone..i'm so gonna download this..

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for this info Fadila. but one question, why only for android and chrome? poor blackberry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, this app only available for android and chrome only... :(

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.