Tuesday 16 October 2012

driving with your eyes closed.

salaam, classmates! ^^


let us dwell into the automotive world once again with my recent awesome founding,
the autonomous car!

it looks like a normal car you see everyday on the road but here's the catch; It can drive by itself.
how cool is that?!

the first time I came across these types of car is while watching a video on Youtube. this lady was voice-dialling her friend's number using the voice recognition system in her car. and when it was time for her to parallel park, the car parked itself! I was flabbergasted coz I myself have difficulties parking parallelly (I prefer the reverse parking better) and she didn't even have to lift a finger to park her Ford Focus.

the autonomous car had been around for quite some time. the first road-legal one being the Google car (a Toyota Prius).

driving just got easier as people got smarter.
but I read a quote once on Facebook that says,

"as phones get smarter, people get dumber."

does the same applies to cars and other gadgets? what do you guys think?

until next time!

2 comments:

  1. hudaaa..
    so the driver just supervised the car or what? woaa, this is one way to reduce accidents caused by inattentive driving, fatigue, or worst of all, the affects of alcohol would be greatly reduced. great! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi huda!

    I think I've seen the video too, and it's one of the coolest things ever.. I think this autonomous car will help us to save our time (and energy) especially when we wanna park our car. The fact that it looks like a normal everyday car is intriguing! I meant it doesn't have that futuristic look or something.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.